Monday, June 18

My {Ginger} Fix

Ginger:  Hair color?
Food? Or way of life? For me,
all of the above.

Hey everybody --

So in case you didn't notice, that thing up there, that's a haiku. Described on Wikipedia as a three line series of 5, then 7, then 5 syllables. But for those of you who already know me, you might agree that my vocabulary cannot be condensed into this short pattern of words.

My name is Nicole Barrett, and I first got the idea to create a food blog because others tell me the topic of food gets brought up way too often in my conversations. People literally ask me to stop describing the textures, tastes and aromas of what I ate for lunch. I'm not kidding. But then I realized, food is not just a source of energy. It is food itself that brings us together for lunch in the first place. Different foods are the reason for our own human interactions. Just take a moment to think about how many social gatherings, parties, meetings and events are centered around some type of food. How awkward would that meeting with your boss be if you didn't have that pastrami sandwich to bury your face into when the dialogue takes a plunge?

Food is not only sustenance for our bodies, but for our conversations.

So what better use of my talents -- talking in general and talking about food -- than to start my own blog! Join me in my journey to find obscure recipes, restaurants, food and fitness, with a twist. Every post, I am going to focus on a new type of food, and with so many out there, the list will never end! A new {fix} in a sense for every recipe or review. Just make sure to digest all the information at least twenty minutes before swimming in your nearest pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment