Sunday, July 29

My {BBQ} Fix

Pulled pork sandwich at Joe's Real BBQ.

Pulled Pork, Mac N' Cheese,
Root Beer Cake, double take, HUGE
baked potatoes, ribs.

Let me just say that I have been raised on Joe's Real BBQ. Ever since I was a little kid, this restaurant has been near and dear to my heart. We bring it home for Superbowls, meet there for family outings, and even drive out there solely for their beans. But the name doesn't lie -- the barbecue is just really good. And authentic.

The restaurant is located in Gilbert, but for everyone in my family, there is one food item that keeps them coming back. My mom loves their cheesy potatoes and my dad is a sucker for the beans. As for me, I am happy as a clam with some of their pecan-smoked meats and homemade Root Beer.

They have a lot to choose from but I order the same thing every time I go: A pulled pork sandwich with a side of beans and a chocolate chip cookie.

Plus they have all these sweet onions and pepperocinis to put on your sandwich that I cannot get enough of. Seriously. Everything is good! Even their salads are chalk full of meat and cheese. And their cookies are always gooey and warm. It tastes like I got the batch that just came straight out of the oven every time. This restaurant will always get me out of a bad mood. It's almost like the love that goes into making the food reflects on whoever is eating it. Curing depression, one bite at a time.

So, naturally, going to Joe's Real BBQ became girls night out. It ended up being so much fun because my friends Alexis, LeAnne and Shannon are quite the characters when my camera comes out.

We had a mini photoshoot outside where we couldn't stop laughing.


I highly recommend Joe's Real BBQ for your next restaurant adventure. It does not disappoint in food or atmosphere. The main room has a big green tractor and an entire mural on the wall, while the "outside" section is paneled with glass so bugs don't try to get a taste of your meal too!


I have seen several restaurants come and go across the street from Joe's. But all this time I have never been tempted to try them because I cannot pass up a place this good.

Why go somewhere else when quality food is right at your fingertips? {Quite literally if you get the pulled pork sandwich}.

No comments:

Post a Comment